- Bring $15.00 to the Examination.
- A legal photo ID (driver's license, passport)
- If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification:
- non-photo ID/drivers's license
- birth certificate
- social security card
- library card
- utility bill, bank statement, etc.
- Social Security Number or your FCC Issued Federal Registration Number (FRN) (See below to obtain Federal Registration Number)
- Fill out NCVEC 605 Form (PDF, Interactive) and bring with you to the exam. (optional but speeds things up if you have it filled out before attending)
- UPGRADING ONLY!: If you are upgrading please bring a copy of your license. You can download a copy of your license by going to the FCC Website. Click here to obtain a copy of your license.
Get your FRN
Getting your Federal Registration Number (FRN) provides you an ID rather than showing / providing your social security number at the exam. It also provides you access to your online account and makes it easier to view when your licensed has been issued, renewals and other administrative changes.
- Visit http://fcc.gov/uls or click here.
- If you hold a GMRS or Pilot or other license from the FCC please use your current FRN or search by clicking on the Search button.
- For a new FRN Click the button.
- Choose "Individual" in the Registration Type and check "Yes" if your address is in the U.S.
- Continue filling out the form.
- Record your FRN and bring this with you to the exam.
Exams are provide at the
Washoe Regional Emergency Operations Center
5195 Spectrum Blvd, Reno.
|April 15, 2017
|June 17, 2017
|August 19, 2017
|October 21, 2017
|December 16, 2017
Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an exam outside of the listed dates above or for any general questions.
If you have an FRN ID and password
FCC Advanced Search
Enter your Last Name, City, State and select "Amateur" in the service group dropdown. If your licensed has been issued you will see it in the results.
It may take upwards of 7 to 14 days for amateur radio licenses to be issued. Please be patient if there are holidays or other delays that might occur during the processing of your license.