Articles of Incorporation
The undersigned, to form a non-stock, non-profit cooperative corporation under Nevada Revised Statutes 81.410 through 81.540, certify:
The name of the corporation is:
SIERRA NEVADA AMATEUR RADIO SOCIETY, INC.
The purposes for which this corporation is formed are:
- The primary purposes are to operate a non-profit corporation for charitable, educational and scientific purposes as follows:
- To educate and increase the proficiency of its members in the science of radio communications.
- To provide for dissemination of information among its members concerning scientific advancement and progress in the field of radio communications.
- To organize and train units of licensed radio amateurs capable of maintaining radio communications as a public service during periods of emergency.
- To encourage and sponsor experimental activities in radio communications and electronics, to the end that skills and experience gained in amateur radio will further the application of electronics to the benefit of the public at large.
- To promote the elevation of standards of practice and ethics in the conduct of amateur radio communications.
To assist in carrying out these primary purposes, this corporation maintains, and intends to continue to maintain, an active affiliation with the American Radio Relay League, Inc., of Newington, Connecticut, the national non-profit organization of radio amateurs.
- The general purposes and powers are to have and exercise all rights and powers conferred on non-profit corporations under the laws of Nevada, including the power to contract, rent, buy, or sell personal or real property, provided , however, that this corporation shall not, except to an insubstantial degree, engage in any activities or exercise any powers that are not in the furtherance of the primary purposes of this corporation.
- No substantial part of the activities of this corporation shall consist of carrying on propaganda, or otherwise attempting to influence legislation, and the corporation shall not participate or intervene in any political campaign (including the publishing or distribution of statements) on behalf of any candidate for public office.
- Principal Place of Business: The principal place of business of the corporation will be in Washoe County, Nevada, and its mailing address will be P. O. Box 7808, Reno, Nevada.
- Term: The term of the corporation shall be fifty (50) years.
- Directors: The Corporation shall have seven (7) directors. The names and addresses of those selected for the first year or until their successors have been elected and shall have accepted office are: NAME ADDRESS F. Wm Rett, III 1113 Codel Way, Reno, Nevada Larry E. Oakley 60 East Lenwood, Sparks, Nevada Ronald E. Cerveri 2005 Brunetti Way, Sparks, Nevada John Reinhold 1502 Washington Street, Reno, Nevada Ray Bass 570 Darwin Circle, Reno, Nevada Robert Dickerson 619 L Street, Sparks, Nevada Frank Cherne 940 Rhode Island Drive, Reno, Nevada
- Voting Power and Property Rights: The voting power and property rights and interest of each member shall be equal.
- Earnings of the Corporation: No part of the net earnings of the corporation shall inure to the benefit of or be distributable to its members, trustees, officers, or other private persons, except that the corporation shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purposes set forth in paragraph 2 hereof.
- Dissolution: Upon the dissolution of the corporation, the Board of Directors shall, after paying or making provision for the payment of all the liabilities of the corporation, dispose of all of the assets of the corporation exclusively for the purposes of the corporation in such manner, or to such organization or organizations organized and operated as defined in paragraph 2 ((1) a thru c) and at such time shall qualify as an exempt organization or organizations under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, as the Board of Directors shall determine. Any of such assets not so disposed of shall be distributed to the American Amateur Relay League, Inc., if it is then in existence and exempt under the IRS Section 501 (c) (3). Any of such assets not so disposed of shall be disposed of by the Second Judicial District Court of the State of Nevada, County of Washoe, exclusively for such purposes or to such organization or organizations, as said Court shall determine, which are organized and operated exclusively for such purposes.
EXECUTED this 16th day of April, 1968.
(Signed by) F. WM. RETT, III
(Signed by) LARRY E. OAKLEY
(Signed by) RONALD E. CERVERI
STATE OF NEVADA
County of Washoe
On April 16th 1968, personally appeared before me, a Notary Public, F. WM. RETT, III, LARRY E. OAKLEY, and RONALD E. CERVERI, who acknowledged that the executed the above instrument.
(Signed by Notary Public)
FILED AT THE REQUEST OF
HAWKINS, RHODES & HAWKINS, ATTYS.
180 West First Street
Reno, Nevada 89504
May 17, 1968
(Signed by John Koontz, Secretary Of State)
(Signed by Deputy Secretary Of State)
Amended 11/25/1985 (Filed 12/6/1985) Section 2; Section 7; and Section 8.